Dental Implants Near You
Like dental bridges and dentures, dental implants are another great means of repairing your smile. Considered a permanent solution, implants can be installed anywhere in your mouth. However, having healthy gum tissue and a strong jawbone is necessary for this procedure to be as successful as possible.
Get in touch with our local dental practice today to learn more about receiving dental implants near you. Our dentists will be happy to address any questions that you may have.
Dental Implants in Further Detail
So, your dentist recommends dental implants. But what are they exactly?
The purpose of a dental implant is to restore your ability to talk and eat, as well as improve the overall aesthetic of your smile. Each implant is made up of three parts: the titanium screw, the abutment which is also made of titanium, and the prosthetic. Titanium is used because it is a biocompatible material; this means your device won’t lead to any irritation or infection.
The screw itself is drilled into your jawbone. The abutment connects the screw to the prosthetic. The prosthetic, which is usually a dental crown or an artificial tooth, covers the implant and fills in the space.
When you come in to receive dental implants in Airdrie, your dentist will take impressions of your smile and send them off to a dental lab. This information helps make sure that your implant satisfies your oral dimensions and is comfortable in your mouth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Multiple advantages come with receiving dental implants, such as the following:
- You can treat them like your natural teeth.
- You won’t need to have them repaired or replaced because they’re a life-long solution.
- They help stop bone deterioration. The implants fuse with your jaw, therefore encouraging bone growth.
- They provide facial support. By extension, this will also make you look younger!
- Prevents gum disease by preventing debris and bacteria from gathering in the space because it’s filled in.
- Restores your ability to eat and speak!
- This procedure will boost your self-esteem!
If you’re seeking a convenient, effective treatment for dental implants near you, at Airdrie Choice Dental, we’re here to walk alongside you on your oral health journey. Give us a call, go to our website, or stop by our clinic in person to get started. Our team of skilled dentists and dental hygienists look forward to working with you very soon!