Invisalign Near You
Known more formally as a type of clear aligner therapy, Invisalign treatment has certainly experienced a boom within the last few years. Why? Because it’s a great alternative to receiving traditional metal braces. Not only is it effective but fewer dental checkups are needed.
Are you eager to learn more about Invisalign in Airdrie? At our local dental practice, we offer this orthodontic treatment option to those who are looking to enhance their smiles and improve the functionality of their teeth. Give us a call to learn more!
How Does Invisalign Work?
Orthodontics refers to a specialized branch of dental care. This area focuses on realigning your teeth, restoring your bite pattern, and strengthening your jaw. Regarding Invisalign, it works in a similar fashion to traditional braces, by exerting subtle yet continual pressure on your teeth so that they shift into a better position. However, there are no brackets, arch wires, or elastics needed. Instead, you’re provided with a new set of aligner trays every few weeks to ensure that your progress does not cease.
Special dental plastic is used to produce your trays, and impressions are taken of your smile so that they’re nice and snug. This material won’t irritate or scratch your gums either. On average, you’ll receive between 30 and 40 sets of aligners over the course of your treatment. About every 4 to 6 weeks or so, you’ll need to come back to visit your dentist or orthodontist so they can examine your teeth and ensure that things are going smoothly.
The Advantages of Invisalign
There are multiple benefits to receiving Invisalign near you, and they are described below for your convenience:
- Your trays are removable! This makes eating and brushing so much easier! Not to mention, you’ll be able to keep your mouth cleaner too.
- It’s “invisible”. Unlike metal braces, your trays are transparent, so no one will know that you’re receiving orthodontic treatment. You won’t have to deal with any embarrassment when you talk to your friends.
- Less time at the dentist.
- Since there are no metal components to scratch or poke your oral tissues, no emergency appointments will be necessary.
- Your aligners are customized to fit your smile exactly. This is done using special technology that scans your mouth and produces 3D images.
- It works!
Before you decide to undergo any type of process, it’s a wise idea to schedule an initial consultation with your dentist first. They will guide you through the treatment from beginning to end and answer any questions you have about it. They will also be able to tell you if receiving Invisalign in Airdrie is indeed the best solution for your specific dental case. If you require more extensive care, traditional braces may be more appropriate.
At Airdrie Dental Choice, we offer Invisalign treatment to those who are looking to straighten their teeth because, after all, you deserve to feel confident in your own skin and that includes your smile. Call, come in, or go to our website to book an appointment with one of our dentists today!